Metal Processing Technologies
MFL features individual technology solutions for machines and plants to machine iron, steel, aluminium and non-ferrous metals. Designed to meet sophisticated demands and manufactured according to the highest standards, MFL products are reliable high achievers ensuring highest throughputs in continuous operation.
MFL Sawing plants
Single cut sawing machines
Precise single cut due to horizontally or vertically orientated saw gear boxes
- Solid material such as billets, bars, etc.
Layer sawing machines
Cutting of several work pieces in one process due to the vertical sawing unit
- Sheet pilings, etc.
- Space saving design
- Special clamping device
- No material deformation
Plate Sawing Machines
Cut single plates or stacks on up to 4 sides with high cutting precision and angularity.
- Aluminium plates
- Steel plates
- High cutting precision due to constant clamping
- Single cut and packet cut possible
- Individual plate exit lengths and manufacturing lengths
Material Testing Sawing Machines
To produce steel samples in testing workshops from individual coupons or from stacks
- Production of steel samples
- Fully automated machine
- High lifetime
- Easy operation
- Optimum chip removal
Slab Sawing Machines
Cutting of slabs at longitudinal and cross side by two or more saw blades
- Aluminium slabs
- Steel slabs
- More saw teeth in the contact
- Shorter sawing time
- Smaller diameter of the saw blade
- Reduced tool costs
Ring Splitting Machines
The patented machine is applied to separate multi-rings in ring-rolling mills.
- Ring-rolling mills
- Optimum utilisation of the rolling mill due to subsequent ring partitioning
- Cost-efficient production of rings
- High degree of plane parallelism
- Nearly completely burr-free rings
- High production throughput due to short cycle times
- Dry processing
Saw blades with replaceable carbides
High-quality MFL saw blades are upplied with an exchange system ensuring quick and easy change of carbides.
- High profitability due to short service times
- Exchange off carbides by your own staff
- Up to 50 % shorter cutting times due to higher cutting speed and higher feed rates
- Approx. 50 % longer tool life compared to common saw blades
- No costly transport logistics, saw blades need not be re-sharpened any more
- Suitable for sawing machines made by MFL and third-party manufacturers
- In-house consulting and repair
MFL Milling plants
Edge Milling Machines
The edge milling machines can be used for the pull-through system (fixed milling station, plate is pulled) as well as for the system with a movable milling station and a fixed plate.
- Production of plates (steel and aluminium)
- Production of longitudinally welded pipes
- Wagon and container construction
- Tank construction
- Creation of I-, X-, Y- and tulip profiles
- Parallel and straight edges
- Milling stations work independently from each other
- Tool system with exchangeable cartridges
Drilling chamfering tools
The drilling chamfering tools are equipped with hard metal drill plates and integrated hard metal chamfering knives to chamfer the bores on both sides.
- Chamfer size adjustable by pressure adjusting screws and exchangeable spring elements
- Chamfers possible up to 4 mm or only deburring of the bores
- Applicable for all bore diameters
- Cooling system in the drill designed for air, minimum quantity lubrication and high-pressure internal cooling
- Development for dry machining too
Profile milling machines
Profile milling machines are the right solution to manufacture various high-precision quality profiles.
- Linear guide rails
Milling of tensile test samples
Milling machines for tensile test samples do a first-class job for material manufacturers as they create perfect test samples to examine the material quality.
- Standardised parts for tensile test samples
Milling Machines For Welding Seams
The milling plants to machine welding seams of large tubes can be adapted to the capacity demands and individual conditions of the client. In comparison to grinding this milling procedure excels due to the fact that there is no sparking and no grinding dust, and that the noise emission is reduced.
- Large tubes
- Fully automated machining of the inner and outer welding seam
- Exact measuring due to scanning
- Efficient chip extraction equipment
- Low tooling costs
Slab Milling Machines
This slab milling machine can mill horizontally and vertically in one process.
- Aluminium slabs
- Steel slabs
- Minimal removal of chips due to 3-D laser measuring of the slab surface
- Simultaneous machining with several spindles (milling heads)
- Removal per run up to 15 mm
- Chips can be recycled up to 100 %
- Possibility to install a chip extraction system or a chip briquetting system
Pipe Chamfering Machines
Pipe chamfering machines are used for deburring un-processed pipe ends and apply various chamfer types at the pipe ends.
- Diameter approx. 0.5 - 1.4 m
- Wall thickness 7 mm up to 48 mm
- Perfect preparation of welding seams
- Transportable machine
- High fitting accuracy of the pipe ends
These peeling machines are designed for chip-removing processing of the outer diameter. Due to the special arrangement of the cutting edges at the peeling head they offer optimum surface quality.
- Fully automated diameter adjustment by a conical ring - even during machining
- Surface qualities (roughness) Rz lower than 1.6
- Diameter accuracy ± 0,005 mm, therefore only minimum overmeasure required for grinding.
- Cutting speeds up to 120 m/min
- Short tooling times due to tool changing inserts
These milling tools are tool bodies equipped with exchangeable cartridges. In these cartridges there are cutting inserts. The milling tools are used to prepare welding seams and to generate different profile forms.
- Generating different profile forms with only one tool body
- Exchangeable cartridges protect the tool body against damage. If there is a crash, only the cartridges have to be changed.